Monday, September 14, 2009

Viral Marketing

Viral marketing...i've always been interested in the ways that big and small name companies can get so ambigiously creative when it comes to viral websites to market video games, movies, books, etc.

www.arkhamcare.com is a perfect example.  It's a site made to look like a medical website for Gotham City but to those in the know, they know it is a campaign for Batman: Arkham Asylum (ps3, 360, pc).

I wanted to try and emulate the feeling of a viral website for myself...and with a class assignment of creating a website I jumped at the chance.

My website for class is centered around a short story I crafted nearly a year ago.  The short story is based in a reality in where the Yellowstone supervolcano has erupted and follows one man as he tries to get home.  The website however, entitled "The Resurrected States of America", is what remains of the thirteen colonies 83 years after the eruption.

I tried to add small teases of what I plan to do with the story, and also give it a simplictic feeling of a survivalistic society returned to the primitive dark ages before technology ruled.

If i can figure out how to upload the site, i'll be more than happy to post it, and once class work ebbs, i'll post the first journal entry of Icris 316 of Colony Horizon.

1 comment:

WES said...

I'm really excited to see your site for this story. And I'm really interested in reading the story as well. I am also a huge fan of viral marketing.